Re: MIS inks

From: Peter Marshall ^lt;petermarshall@cix.co.uk>
Date: 11/16/05-01:37:36 PM Z

http://www.inksupply.com/arcnew.cfm

The Quad Black http://www.inksupply.com/bwpage.cfm inks in particular
are widely used for high quality black and white printing. Along with
the Piezotone inks they were really the only solution for fine quality
black and white work on desktop printers until Epson came out with their
latest K3 Ultrachrome inks, which can perhaps deliver similar quality
and longevity, though I'm not entirely convinced. The K3 inks are great
for colour though. Cone (who produced the Piezotones) now have a seven
ink K7 set, which probably is better still, but I've not tried it.

To get the most out of any of the MIS or other black ink sets you
probably need to use a suitable RIP with your Epson printer. The
cheapest is the $50 Quad Tone Rip, http://www.quadtonerip.com/ though I
either use the Bowhaus IJC/OPM. http://www.bowhaus.com/news/2400.php4 or
Cone icc profiles with the Epson driver. All of these systems can
deliver prints that in some respects at least surpass other printing
methods.

Regards

Peter

Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.co.uk +44 (0)1784 456474
31 Budebury Rd, STAINES, Middx, TW18 2AZ, UK
My London Diary http://mylondondiary.co.uk/
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/
The Buildings of London etc: http://londonphotographs.co.uk/
and elsewhere......