RE: BL vs BLB tubes for cyanotype

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 11/16/05-07:52:05 PM Z

No I am not confused. The papers that I have state quite clearly Starphire,
PP&G. I also received information about their clear glass and Solarphire
glass. The Solarphire glass while it might sound interesting, is quite
opposite from what we like in alt photo, it is a glass that blocks much of
the UV light. It is true I have not gone back and requested more data from
PP&G, and the information I got from them was well before the internet made
communication so fast. I will go check out the site, but I still offer the
copies of the hard copies in my files from PP&G. Sandy I am not in a
position to do independent UV transmission readings, but If I stated it back
in...1999, it came from the pages provided to me from PP&G back in 1992. Is
it possible that todays' Starphire is not the same as glass made in 1992?
Quite possibly. Back soon...

Cheers

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street