Re: Gum problem(s)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/18/05-02:42:49 PM Z

Well, all I know is that all I've ever used for gum printing is a
photoflood; it works great and gives a good sharp print, and while
there's some heat at the base of the bulb where it's screwed in (I
always make sure I've got a good heavy duty porcelain fixture to screw
it into) there is simply no heat 13 inches away where the print is.
Even after the longest exposure I've ever made, the glass and the print
itself is always still at room temperature.

I started with a photoflood because it was simple and cheap, and I
wanted to know for sure I wanted to do gum before I invested any money
into it. But the photoflood, and the rest of my makeshift setup,
worked so great for me that I've never felt the need to do anything
else.
kt