Re: Gum problem(s)

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 11/18/05-02:18:52 PM Z

Hi Christina,

I was going to ask you why you, exposing under the sun need 0.5-3 minutes
and Jo, exposing under the sun needs 20-30 minutes. I assure you I saw
figure like this somewhere and I believe them to be true.

Katharine, as given me reason to believe that relative humidity is a major
player in the gum dichromate matrix as it is for the gelatine dichro matrix.
A small change in relative humidity may require a significant change in
exposure in the mid to lower range of RH. She is suppose to get me facts on
this.

I've got 30 %RH here and this kind of confirms that I need 20 minutes or
more to get correct exposure and she normaly needs only 2-3 minutes which
would mean that the relative humidity is much higher at her place then mine.

Thanks
Yves