RE: Xenon Flashtube was Re: PPG Starphire Glass ( ?? Questioning My Data)

From: Marek Matusz ^lt;marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
Date: 11/18/05-03:07:51 PM Z

Yves,
I would say build or buy a reliable UV source to start with. A lot of people
on this list use banks of BL tubes. The do not generate heat, have high UV
intensity (short exposures!) and as Loris pointed out are inexpensive to
build. I have been using them for several years now for a number of alt
processes including gums.
Second, sieze your paper with some hardened gelatine.
After that you can use any middle of the road gum recipe and it will all
work for you. You can even experiment to your heart's content to discover
why we all agree to disagree about gum printing.
Have fun at it.
Marek, Houston