RE: REPLY: FROM NuArc was PPG Starphire Glass ( ?? Questioning My Data)

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 11/19/05-04:49:36 PM Z

What do you mean by model? If you mean is the glass of the original
equipment on the NuArc 26-1k, I assume so, but can not be sure since
I purchased the unit used several years ago. The tempered glass is
replacement since the original was broken in shipment.

NuArc sells a GA-114 mercury vapor bulb for the 16-1k. I am currently
using in the machine a USHIO metal halide lamp (see SPD in the
appendix on UV light in Dick Arentz' book). This light is not
recommend by NuArc, but works in my unit same as the mercury vapor
lamp. The SPD charts for the two lamps are virtually identical.

Sandy