Sodium Palladium Chloride for toner

From: david drake ^lt;daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca>
Date: 11/23/05-02:57:49 PM Z

hello

In my search for Van Dyke toners, I came across the recipe for a
palladium toner which called for 20% palladium chloride solution. Not
knowing what exactly that is, I luckily stumbled upon someone else
asking the same question in an old forum which was answered by Sandy
King:

/lists/alt-photo-process/2005/oct05/0566.html

What I would like to know is if the Sodium Palladium Chloride Powder
(Na2[PdCl4].3H2O) which B&S sells is sufficient for making this
toner . It's the '.3H20' which sorta scares me, but the price is nice
($15/gram). Just buying the Palladium Chloride at a local chemical
supply house here in Canada would be over $50/gram CDN!!

cheers
david

david drake photography
daviddrakephoto@sympatico.ca