Re: Yellow pigments and Gum problem(s)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/23/05-10:27:59 PM Z

On Nov 23, 2005, at 8:10 PM, Marek Matusz wrote:

> Roman,
> Would it help if you prined your yellow on top of a light blue insted
> of white. Light yellow over white could be difficult to see the
> gradations.

Marek,
My point was that a primary yellow should be dark enough in value to
render a range of tones that's easily visible on white paper. But some
of the very light yellows are just too light in value to provide a good
depth for tricolor, and I think PY 154, like PY138, may be one of
those. I have an azo, (benzimidazalone) for example (not PY 154 but
PY151) that I'd never think of for tricolor because it's so light
valued.
Katharine