Re: Yellow pigments and Gum problem(s)

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 11/23/05-11:28:52 PM Z

On Nov 23, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Katharine Thayer wrote:

> Marek,
> My point was that a primary yellow should be dark enough in value to
> render a range of tones that's easily visible on white paper. But
> some of the very light yellows are just too light in value to provide
> a good depth for tricolor, and I think PY 154, like PY138, may be one
> of those. I have an azo, (benzimidazalone) for example (not PY 154
> but PY151) that I'd never think of for tricolor because it's so light
> valued.

I left the last part offf this sentence..... I have an azo yellow (PY
151) that I wouldn't think of for tricolor because it's so light
valued, even though in hue it's a perfect primary yellow.

P.S. Is everyone else suddenly getting duplicates of mail from
yesterday, or is this another thing my own personal mail program is
doing to me internally?
kt