Hi David - Lens Details Was large format...etc

From: Wayne D ^lt;wdewitt@snip.net>
Date: 11/26/05-12:10:53 PM Z

David,

Essentially everything Richard told you is correct. The very last Dagors
that Kern assembled were "Gold Dots" and did have a change in formula (or at
least coating and baffles that reduced coverage) towards the end (and were
f/8 I believe). I have an early Kern-assembled Gold Dot with a 2M serial#,
that is still the original f6.8 and single-coated. The 12in. will fetch
between $500-$800 on Ebay, I've seen them go for >$1000, but suspect that it
was shill bidding and that the transactions never went through, although you
have experience on Ebay so you know that it gets out of hand sometimes
(anyone want a virgin 330S? - don't ask what I paid). I got my 210 GD in
Compur for $465. The 6-1/2 wide-angle is a low enough serial # that I
suspect it isn't coated (my earliest coated lens is a 78K serial #. If it is
uncoated it will fetch less but a guess would be $400-$600. The Artar is one
of the most common (behind the ubiquitous 8.25), and it's a real guess as to
what you can get. Knowing the type of shutter (has to be a compound) and
what's wrong would help. The problem being that if the shutter isn't
repairable it may not be a "drop-in" in another shutter, back then shutter
threads weren't standardized. Keep it with the shutter regardless so that
cell spacing will be known. Check history on Ebay for more accurate prices,
mine are only guesses since I've banned myself from Ebay for the time-being
(poverty). The Wisner should bring 1/2 - 2/3 what you paid for it. In your
favor is Ron Wisner's delivery history (limited availability)

Everyone,

Apologies for dragging this thread along, but even though I've eliminated my
Email filter David still can't get through to me (but every porn site, pill
pusher, Nigerian Princess and lawyer now can). I've sent him an alternate
Email address.

Wayne