Re: How to apply curves in PS for digital negatives...

From: George L Smyth ^lt;glsmyth@yahoo.com>
Date: 11/27/05-08:23:54 AM Z

--- Daniel Williams <dtwilliams3@comcast.net> wrote:

> Christina wrote:
> > I´ve found this site, where you can download some sample curves for PS
> > for making digital negatives.
> >
> > http://www.alternativephotography.com/articles/art051.html
> >
> > But how to use them?
> >
> > I mean do I first convert the image to a negative and then apply the
> > curve, or first apply the curve and then convert into a negative?
> >
> > The result is different.
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help,
> >
> > Lg
> >
> > Christina
> >

> > http://www.fotografisches.at
> >
> > _http://www.tinarawatta.com_
> >

> > **-----------------Joch Christina----------------**
> >

> Christina,
>
> First, make your adjustments to your image. Second, apply your chosen
> curve. Third, convert to negative. You will also want to flip the image
> horizontally either in PS or in print setup.

I guess where my misunderstanding lies is that the curve for Van Dyke removes
some of the contrast of the image. I definitetly need to increase the contrast
to make a proper Van Dyke image. I have yet to get an acceptable digital
negative, but continue trying.

Cheers -

george

Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com