Re: How to apply curves in PS for digital negatives...

From: George L Smyth ^lt;glsmyth@yahoo.com>
Date: 11/27/05-02:38:24 PM Z

Yves -

Yes, these are things I understand. I must admit that I've got Dan's book but
simply have not had the time to get through it. I am hopeful that when I do
(hopefully I will have time in December) then that will get me going in the
right direction.

I figured that I probably was understanding something wrong so I applied the
curve to the positive and made a digital negative, then applied it to the
negative, then making a digital negative. The result with both was to lose
contrast, as expected.

I would love to be able to apply a curve to a negative that works in the
darkroom, as that would open up so many things for me.

Cheers -

george

Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com
DRiP Investing - http://DRiPInvesting.org