Re: Best CI for process

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 10/01/05-02:15:35 PM Z

Etienne,

 From your many posts to this list I know you to be a very smart and
knowledgeable person. So I am truly baffled at your claims that it is
possible to develop most modern films to a CI of 1.45 or more.

Have you actually plotted curves with these films and done the
calculations to figure actual CI, or are you basing your comments
simply on Dmax figures? If you do the former you will see, beyond any
shadow of a doubt that what you claim, i.e. CI of 1.45 and true
density range of 3.0 or more, is an impossible proposition for most
modern films. You may be able to coax that much CI out of a very few
of the modern T-grain emulsion films, such as TMAX and Delta, but you
will never get it from films the films from Eastern Europe, not even
close.

Sandy