Re: Blue-Black Cyanotype & Luster

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 10/04/05-04:07:35 PM Z

Before you go and try mop n' glo, let me tell ya, get the brand name correct
:)

It is Future floor polish...it does improve the dmax but it will also, since
it is a high pH, turn your wonderfully blue cyanotype lovely lavender, for a
period of time anyway...but it does smell mighty nice.

So I might suggest instead anything that is the same type substance--what is
it, an aqueous dispersible polymer or something? And I think that there is
an equiv product in the Golden line if I remember, so google Golden on the
alt list (plus shine or some such other word) within the last several years
and you'll come up with some handy info. Sandy, too, I think, found that
dmax improved with something, perhaps Dorland's Wax Medium, as opposed to a
layer of dichromated albumen (good) or dichromated gum (good, too).
Chris
PS I have TONS of recipes for varnishes for prints and negs from the 1800's
and 1900's, no soehnee, the magic stuff, but lots of others, and I am trying
my darnednest (sp?) to get them all together on one handy handout. If not
now, then by next semester for sure, at which time I will post.