RE: RLF COMPARISON

From: Gerry Giliberti ^lt;GGILIBERTI@controlotron.com>
Date: 10/06/05-07:18:20 AM Z

Bob,

I've used the Ilford Delta 4x5 film (100) and I'm not satisfied with it yet.
I haven't done any real tests with it and have only shot it at the 100 speed
setting. (I'm more of a Tri-X fan but I like Ilford products including HP5.)
I've only shot the film in morning or afternoon light so I don't know how it
responds to low light. The spec says anything under 1/2 second needs more
exposure and their spec has a graph for estimating exposure times. The first
set of negatives I developed in HC-110 solution B at 5 1/2/ minutes. I made
some POP prints with the negatives and they weren't too bad. No gum or
cyanotype. I hope to do some shooting with it while upstate (NY) this
weekend but that's all the info I have right now. If I do I'll try some low
light exposures below 1 second and see what I get. I've been shooting the
film with an old Calumet (actual it's a Kodak) 4x5 rail camera circa 1960s
with a Schneider lens. I'm still working out the bugs with exposures and
shutter settings. The camera is old but hardly used. I got it from a
sculptor who only used it to photograph his work. Other than that it just
sat the box.

We had our last beach party last night here on Long Island. The weather will
change for good this weekend I'm afraid. With the fall and winter
approaching your Barbados is starting to sound great.

Gerry G

ggiliberti.com