Re: Iron Blue Bleeding and Staining

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 10/19/05-01:52:42 AM Z

From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Iron Blue Bleeding and Staining
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:21:46 -0700

> Is it possible the Acetic acid is supposed to be 28%
> rather than glacial?

I'm not too interested in saying much here because I only have a sense
of how the solution should be in terms of pH. No matter how many
percent the acetic acid is, if the bath pH is about right, it should
work. And the bath pH is determiend in relation to the concentrations
of the other stuff (and the acid itself). When something looks way
off, one may have a good sense to point that but how far is it off?
Practically speaking, measuring the actual mixture in question is the
easiest way to know.