Re: Bromo-iodide Silver Gelatin Emulsion as an Alternative process.

From: T. E. Andersen ^lt;postlister@microscopica.com>
Date: 10/20/05-05:29:16 PM Z

Hello all,

Halvor posted this quite some time ago (quoted in full below, due to age
of original posting). I'm mostly off alt-process at the moment (:-((),
but am starting to read up slightly on silver emulsions. I have noticed
that several people on this list has been making silver gelatin
emulsions. Could anyone direct me to good sources of information, or
even provide some practical experiences?

The link that Halvor sent is now dead. Does anyone have a copy of the
(previously) down-loadable book he mentioned?

I'm would like to make glass plates in my lab. I bought a high quality
lens suitable for very large formats, and would like to explore the
possibility of making 11x14 (as well as other, special purpose formats)
plates. Any emulsion that has been successfully made and coated with
basic laboratory equipment (i.ee without sophisticated coating machines
etc.) is of interest (ortho, panchromatic and IR).

Best regards,
Tom Einar Andersen