Re: A bit off-topic but I need help!

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 10/21/05-11:48:21 PM Z

Kate,
I can't remember the actual numbers, but my students have had to either
resort to using the cyan dial instead of the red and yellow, OR using LOTS
of red and yellow, double or triple normal. If you use all 3 at once
(don't) you are just creating neutral density, which doesn't do any good
except create a longer exposure.

That said, the characteristic of cross processing is that greeny tone and
bleedy color into the highlights.

I remember a couple of them saying this time (they just finished up a unit
on this) that you need to do major jumps when test printing (5 or 10 units)
but then when you get close, a switch of 1 unit will change it drastically.

Also, going from slide to neg, don't overexpose, but going from neg to
slide, which good luck finding a lab that will process that for you--you do
have to overexpose and push because there is a loss of speed.
Good luck,
Chris