RE: Same photo in New Orleans, different caption

From: Christopher Lovenguth ^lt;chris@chrisportfolio.com>
Date: 09/01/05-10:06:19 AM Z

This is a perfect example for journalism class. It would be even better if
they had been both from the same news source like AP.

Just a note to people reading this topic, Robert Newcomb isn't making a
racist comment here, he's pointing out a racist schema held in society. You
have to see both images and read the captions to understand. In both cases
people are walking through water carry obviously needed food and drink. But
for the image with the African American teen, it's says "looting local
grocery store" for the white couple image it says "finding bread and soda
from a local grocery store". There is a difference in context here and it's
sad to see this over and over again in our society.

Don't want to get in to a discussion about the obvious looting going on.
Just in the context of these two examples, there is a racist connotation.

-chris