RE: OT: Response to Richard Corbett's comments about New Orleans

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@CLEMSON.EDU>
Date: 09/01/05-10:15:41 AM Z

Thanks to Harry, Linda and Kerik for what they said about Richard
Corbett's comments about New Orleans. Given the level of pain and
suffering of the people in the New Orleans area, as well as people on
the Mississippi and Alabama coasts, I found this comment extremely
offensive. And very personally so since I grew up in Louisiana and
have many friends and relatives living in the New Orleans areas, some
still unaccounted for. Having myself suffered through two major
floods that forced use to evacuate our home for several months on end
and live in cramped quarters in the misery of 90+ degree temperatures
and high humidity in the days before air conditioning I can tell you
that these people need all of the support the people of this country
can offer.

Sandy