Re: Let's switch the New Orleans controversy to glut now please...

From: Clay ^lt;wcharmon@wt.net>
Date: 09/01/05-09:56:48 PM Z

Since both my name AND Katrina came up, I thought it might be
appropriate to mention to the list that I have a show with ~36 images
opening at De Santos Gallery in Houston on September 3. I have
decided to contribute all of my take (50%) from any print sales to
the American Red Cross for Katrina relief.

I live down here on the Gulf Coast, and there are people who have
lost EVERYTHING. House, jobs, the works...

While it is great fun to point fingers and wax philosophic about who
or what is to blame, the fact is that it doesn't do sh** for the
people who need help. A $20 dollar contribution to a legitimate
charity does a heck of a lot more than two cents worth of soap box
speechifying.

Come to my show and buy a print. Or just send some money to the Red
Cross. Actions speak louder than words.

Clay

Oh, the announcement is in B&W magazine this month or
www.desantosgallery.com