Re: Let's switch the New Orleans controversy to glut now please...

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 09/02/05-12:37:44 AM Z

From: "Gordon J. Holtslander" <holtsg@duke.usask.ca>
Subject: Re: Let's switch the New Orleans controversy to glut now please...
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 00:11:30 -0600

> Once mixed into to the dilution used to harden it may not be as
> dangerous, but its always very dangerous to assume that something
> isn't dangerous. :)

For darkroom users, I highly recommend to obtain glut in 2.5% or lower
concentrations, preferrably in acidified solution of pH 4 or
below. Don't try to save pennies by buying more concentrated stuff and
dilute them yourself.

I routinely handle 25% stock of glut, but when I touch that stuff, the
glut stock is refrigerated very cold to minimize the fume, but still I
use a face mask for transporting the bottles, and work in a fume hood
until the stock is diluted. If you are not set up properly, I'd pay a
few extra bucks to buy a ready-to-use stocks.

Ryuji