Re: Lumin prints tests

From: George L Smyth ^lt;glsmyth@yahoo.com>
Date: 09/04/05-08:12:43 PM Z

I played around with the some today. The results I got were not as even as I
would have thought. I tried Ilford MGIV, Ilford Warm Tone, and two sheets of
Brovira. I placed decayed leaved on reach and placed within frames. I
expected the different papers to give me varied results, but the two sheets of
Brovira came out differently, which I thought was odd. I got some nice
coloration with one of them (though not nearly to the extent as the images in
the link provided, which makes me wonder if they were treated with S2/S30 -
unfortunately, most of the color went away with fixing and toning) but nothing
with the other. Exposure time was about six or seven hours, with some of the
time not being in direct sunlight.

Alas, like one other poster I, too, tossed several hundred sheets of expired
paper about nine months ago in my attempt to reduce clutter. Perhaps eBay will
be helpful inthat regard. I will try again tomorrow with some other ideas and
perhaps my results will be a little more interesting.

Cheers -

george

Handmade Photographic Images - http://www.GLSmyth.com
DRiP Investing - http://DRiPInvesting.org