RE: Question about Crane's Kid Finish

From: BOB KISS ^lt;bobkiss@caribsurf.com>
Date: 09/06/05-06:42:21 AM Z

DEAR SANDY,
        This may be tangential but you can decide. I find that Cranes Platinotype
doesn't have great wet strength either so I cut several pieces of plastic
mosquito screen (some call it net) slightly larger than the size of the
paper. I process using the screen as a "backing" and it helps keep the
corners from ripping. This is especially helpful when I am using 16X20 and
20X24 paper.
        This is another reason I am interested in using COT. It is much thicker
and seems to have greater wet strength though it is MUCH more expensive.
                CHEERS!
                        BOB

 Please check my website: http://www.bobkiss.com/