Re: Question about Crane's Kid Finish

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 09/06/05-12:49:28 PM Z

Bob,

This was one reason why I switched from Cranes Platinotype to Cot 320....the
great wet strength of COT 320.

Mark

In a message dated 9/6/05 8:42:12 AM, bobkiss@caribsurf.com writes:

> DEAR SANDY,
>     This may be tangential but you can decide.  I find that Cranes
> Platinotype
> doesn't have great wet strength either so I cut several pieces of plastic
> mosquito screen (some call it net) slightly larger than the size of the
> paper.  I process using the screen as a "backing" and it helps keep the
> corners from ripping.  This is especially helpful when I am using 16X20 and
> 20X24 paper.
>     This is another reason I am interested in using COT.  It is much thicker
> and seems to have greater wet strength though it is MUCH more expensive.
>         CHEERS!
>             BOB

Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & PDN System for Your Own Custom Digital Negative Workflow
@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Coming Soon—Curve Calculator II will let you choose your toes!
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com