Re: "speckling" v "staining " (was New Orleans/glut) SEE SCANS

From: roman sokoler ^lt;sokoler@post3.tele.dk>
Date: 09/07/05-08:24:25 AM Z

Hi Chris

When I started to do gum I had like many others all the beginners’ troubles.
I think one of the hard parameters is to get the sizing right.

Glutaraldehyd with River BFK (and the articles by Judy in Post-factory
Photograhy issue #1) was for me the road to my first successful gum
printing.

I brush gelatine and glut hardener separately.

No staining and no speckling.

In Denmark you can buy Glutaraldehyd - 25 % - in the drugstore - it is sold
for curing warts (?) - In small bottles with 30 ml.

Roman Sokoler

I have been using Rives BFK together with glutaraldehyd and I find no
problems