Re: "speckling" v "staining " (was New Orleans/glut) SEE SCANS

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 09/07/05-05:29:07 PM Z

Roman,
I'm so glad you posted!!
This is very interesting that your drugstores sell glut...for warts??? And
at 25%?? That is bizarre. But even better to find that you successfully use
it on Rives. How much do you dilute the glut when you use it?
Chris
-----
From: "roman sokoler" <sokoler@post3.tele.dk>
Hi Chris
When I started to do gum I had like many others all the beginners’ troubles.
I think one of the hard parameters is to get the sizing right.
Glutaraldehyd with River BFK (and the articles by Judy in Post-factory
Photograhy issue #1) was for me the road to my first successful gum
printing.
I brush gelatine and glut hardener separately.
No staining and no speckling.
In Denmark you can buy Glutaraldehyd - 25 % - in the drugstore - it is sold
for curing warts (?) - In small bottles with 30 ml.
Roman Sokoler
I have been using Rives BFK together with glutaraldehyd and I find no
problems