Re: "speckling" v "staining " (was New Orleans/glut) SEE SCANS

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 09/10/05-12:45:23 AM Z

Good point Dan,

In this case though, I thought the paper texture was important since it might
play a role in what was going on with the uh....spackles? Speckles? Spots?
Spittles? Blobs? Stains? Unwanted Patches of Pigments?

Mark

In a message dated 9/10/05 12:39:19 AM, fdanb@aol.com writes:

> I haven't been closely following this thread so if this advice is wildly
> off the mark, forgive me.
>
> With "lumpy paper" originals, you can get cleaner digital files by
> shooting the originals with a digital camera on a copy stand using
> standard 45-degree shadowless lighting. Almost all flatbeds have an
> oblique light source that amplifies the texture. True, you can't get the
> file size like that from a flatbed, but most uses don't demand that much
> resolution from a lumpy paper original anyway.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Dan

Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & PDN System for Your Own Custom Digital Negative Workflow
@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Coming Soon—Curve Calculator II will let you choose your toes!
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com