Re: "speckling" v "staining " (was New Orleans/glut) SEE SCANS

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 09/10/05-12:55:59 AM Z

Hi Katherine,

They print both ways on this one. This is the PDN 31 Step Tablet or
Sensitivity Guide that I designed in order to make my life easier and make me smile
like Bob. Stouffers Industries produces it for me.
The numbers print black on half and white on the other half because the
border which contains the numbers reverses in the middle of the steptablet to give
you a better comparison as the steps change in density. Thus the lighter steps
have a "white border" and the darker half of the steps have a "Black Border".
  Makes it easer to determine Dmax and Dmin visually in the steps—and it
looks pretty.

By the way, the line down the middle of the step tablet where you see two
different printed densities on the same step is caused by lapping the step tablet
with a piece of clear Pictorico film when determining the Standard Printing
Time.

Best Wishes and May The Speckle God Not Rein On Your Parade or Fabriano

Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & PDN System for Your Own Custom Digital Negative Workflow
@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Coming Soon—Curve Calculator II will let you choose your toes!
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com