RE: Fixing Lumin Prints

From: George L Smyth ^lt;glsmyth@yahoo.com>
Date: 09/12/05-03:11:44 PM Z

Marek -

This weekend I used Ilford Galerie paper and exposed for around an hour.
Perhaps I will take a picture of the image before fixing and present that as
the finished product. <g> After fixing with 10% sodium thiosulfate for about
10 seconds a great deal of the blue color from the paper being exposed to the
sun went away. Other colors either behind or near the flower held a little
better, but suffered nonetheless. I then fixed for a few minutes with a 1%
dilution with no "perceptable" change. After washing, a great majority of the
color had gone away, though perhaps this had happened before the wash and I
just remembered differently.

I am going to try to expose using my black lights tonight, as it would be good
to be able to have a semblance of repeatability (as well be able to do this
without a frame, which is necessary when exposing outside, due to the wind
possibly moving things around).

Cheers -

george