Re: "speckling" v "staining " (was New Orleans/glut) SEE SCANS

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 09/12/05-03:16:02 PM Z

Katherine,

You are right that there are many variables that we will never nail down.
But why don't we not go there for now. I would imagine that yours and Chris'
results with different paper and sizes can stand on their own within the
bounds of your separate workflows. Let's start by showing examples of things
like the speckles, pigment stain, too much pigment, over exposure, under
exposure, failed size, fish eyes, and dichromate stain, clear and common
errors that gum printers experience. I think we can name those and then move
on to subtleties and more contentious subjects later (if we have the stomach
for it by then).

Jack