Re: adam needs a printer

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 09/12/05-06:34:06 PM Z

Re: adam needs a printerSandy,

My non-archival dye-based inkjet (R300) works just fine printing UV through pictorico. True, individually the inks don't do a great job but used in "Full Colour" mode ie. C+c+M+m+Y+K the result gives me more than enough density range (over seven stops last time I checked). I never could get decent results printing "just black", banding and resolution limitations were an issue. It also seems the R1800 doesn't use dye inks it uses pigmented inks similar to those used in the R2400...or are you saying pigmented inks are an issue with UV?

~m

  Also, the R1800 can only be used to print in black ink. The color inks do not have enough density for UV processes.