Re: adam needs a printer

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 09/12/05-06:45:08 PM Z

It is not a question of pigmented versus dye based ink sets. The
Epson 1280 is dye based and blocks UV light just fine. The 2200 and
2400 use pigmented ink sets and also block UV light fine.

But the Epson R800 and R1800 use pigmented ink sets that do not block
enough UV light to use with the color inks. These printers block
enough UV light if you print with black, but then the ink is slow to
set and you get pizza wheel tracks.

On the other hand none of the HP or Canon dye based printers, so far
as I know, block enough UV light to be used with the color inks.

Sandy