RE: Epson 4990 scanner

From: Gerry Giliberti ^lt;GGILIBERTI@controlotron.com>
Date: 09/15/05-09:35:02 AM Z

There is an after market product that compensates for the Epson scanner
template problems (4870 &4990 scanners and others). I can't find the company
name right now but you may be able to search the internet for these
templates. They cost about $29 each. I don't know of anyone who has tried
them but from what I've read they make a difference in the scanning quality.
I have a 4870 and the scans are OK. Let's face it the little plastic lenses
in these scanners really don't compare at all to high end drum scanners. In
the end it's all about if your are satisfied with the results you get when
you complete the type of printing process you're doing. If you only have a
few 8x10 negatives you may be better off sending them to Kodak. I think they
drum scan everything they put onto CDs.

Gerry G