Re: Way OT: Extended Service Contracts

From: SteveS ^lt;sgshiya@redshift.com>
Date: 09/16/05-01:14:21 AM Z

The salesperson DOES get 'points' which means money in the form of bonuses
for selling these packages.

Our rule is to spend up to 12% on the extended warentee program if the item
costs over $500 US. We DID catch Sears putting 'bugs' in our dishwasher
that seemed to break down about every 11 months when we got the 12 month
guarantee extention, which we renewed every year for three years and 'saved'
a few hundred dollars. Then a friend send his repair person who found the
'bug' and guiltily fixed it free. He felt the repair world had betrayed
him, personally. An older man who was retired and came to our aid as a
personal favor of our mutual friend.

As for electronics, the one year warantee seemed fair enough. I have had to
use it a couple times in my life, but nothing like that damn diswasher
scene.

S. Shapiro