RE: What are the advantages of using Cyanotype as the first layer for tri-color gum prints? Paper Problems...

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 09/17/05-01:37:59 PM Z

Also, even if I didn't try it for gum, the more textured backside (for
"tooth" letting gum attach) of Cot320 may work well. That paper is perfect
for Cyanotypes. I just made a 10 prints portfolio on it - absolutely
wonderful. It clears very quick, it's very bright, the color is beatiful, it
doesn't need acetic acid treatment or citric acid addition to the coating
emulsion. But the paper is very smooth, I wouldn't try gum-bichromate on its
smooth side (back side looks OK for gum). But again, I didn't try it for
gum.

Regards,
Loris.