RE: What are the advantages of using Cyanotype as the first layer for tri-color gum prints? Paper Problems...

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 09/17/05-01:31:24 PM Z

Carmen,

You can also try to add citric acid into the coating emulsion. If it works
that way, you will get rid of one extra step: acidifying the paper + waiting
for drying (if you don't acidify paper in batches). For papers that doesn't
work with Cyanotype 2 emulsion I tried this solution (which was provided by
a helpful list-member when I asked for help on Cyanotype 2) and it worked
very well. To make a coating solution, I was adding a drop of 40% citric
acid per 10 drops of Cyanotype 2 emulsion.

Regards,
Loris.