Re: Epson 1280-question for Dan

From: Editor P.O.V. Image Service ^lt;editor@p-o-v-image.com>
Date: 09/19/05-12:28:08 PM Z

I run a list of over 7500 EPSON aficionados. The EPSON 1280 is a great
little printer. I have three of them running, two with pigmented inks,
the third with Lyson dyes. The people who say it can't or shouldn't run
pigments don't know what they are talking about..

BUT, if you want the broadest gamut, stay with dyes. Just keep in mind
that the OEM cyan dye is VERY fugitive (it oxidizes readily in the
presence of free radicals). So, if you expect print longevity, you need
to take precautions OR use non-OEM dyes.

Keith

Keith Krebs

"Just some guy," caretaker of the Multiverse's largest EPSON printer
User Community (highly recommended by Vogon Poets and MegaDodo
Publications), at:
and the Multiverse's largest Canon printer User Community at: