Re: Epson 1280-question for Dan

From: Dan Burkholder ^lt;fdanb@aol.com>
Date: 09/19/05-02:01:50 PM Z

I'm in the same camp with Keith and Tom; the 1280 is a very good printer
for both negs and prints (the later especially on gloss papers).

I might have commented on the 1160 and how, when using third party
pigments, I and lots of others had clogging problems. Of course, that
was with "version 1.0" pigments. Things have evolved a lot since those
days, even for the 1160 no doubt.

About switching to LAB mode, if you do an "Edit>Fade Unsharp
Mask>Luminosity Mode" immediately after performing the USM on your RGB
image, you glean almost all the advantages (and none of the downsides)
as changing modes to LAB. And while on the topic of sharpening, I'm
really hot on NIK Sharpener Pro 2.0. While I never got excited about the
   first version of NIKSP, the 2.0 is pretty outstanding. And no, I
don't have stock in the company.

And about not shifting gears in corners, it's especially ill-advised
when cornering on a motorcycle on one wheel only. ;^)

Dan

--
www.danburkholder.com
www.tinytutorials.com