RE: Dry mounting

From: Eric Neilsen ^lt;e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 09/20/05-08:37:18 AM Z

John, It sounds that you are NOT talking about silver gelatin prints, but
alternative or ink jet prints. Someone may pay to send a child through
school to learn conservation, but I'd doubt that it would be the seller. It
would be the collector. If you choose to go down that path, there is a real
need to match the paper to the adhesive and boards to produce the most
stable package that you can. Mismatching the adhesive can destroy the work
as well as the board. There are times that I dry mount and others that I
don't. My decision is based on the type of print and what paper it is on as
well as its size. A look in the archives should point you to a site at
Stanford if memory serves correctly that had a good piece on mounting.

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226