palladium vs. cyanotype sharpness

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 09/20/05-03:49:31 PM Z

Well, Loris,

You may have made a liar out of me...

I just scanned the side by side teeniest test target (the one pixel one) of
cyanotype and palladium on Arches Platine, and side by side I am hard
pressed to determine which is sharper. The only issue with the cyanotype is
that there is a slight fuzzy bleed to the color which contributes to a bit
of softness, but this "bit" is so small of a difference from the palladium
that it may not be enough to detect with the naked eye. So I would guess you
are correct on this.

I sent this scan to Mark (poor Mark, where is Darryl when I need him? Or,
better yet, where is my own website?).

Which goes to show that cyanotype is incredibly sharp...more than I
expected, even more supportive of my original point that cyanotype looks
crisper and sharper for a number of reasons.

BTW this does not mean that it makes a better gum print, just that it is a
nifty way of gum printing, which can have all kinds of possible expressions
(comment directed to Carmen) over and above sharpness. It's not like we're
searching for f64 in gum.

However, I have to say I am very surprised that cyanotype rivals
palladium....cool. And cheap. Where's my tannic acid?
Chris