RE: palladium vs. cyanotype sharpness

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 09/20/05-11:41:34 PM Z

Thanks for the confirmation Christina. I admit I cheated in this issue;
I have 3600dpi imagesetter negatives (for Cyanotype) printed on smooth
paper which clearly show the (non visible to the naked eye) dots (10x
loupe)! I remember printing these imagesetter negatives emulsion-up (in
order to sligthly loose sharpness) because I didn't want the dots
show-up even on close inspection.

For a
poor-guy-that-has-to-order-his-paper-from-overseas-suppliers-with-added-
international-shipment-and-customs-costs like me the price difference
between cyanotype and pt/pd chemistry becomes very unimportant, when
compared to the cost of fine paper. And I always get better shadow
detail with my Ziatypes (no matter what digital negative making method I
use: C.Palmer/D.Fokos imagesetter, D. Burkholder/M. Nelson inkjet).
Plus, the curves for Pt/Pd are much more mild compared to curves for
Cyanotype (= less posterization). So I will be still printing Ziatypes
;)

Best regards,
Loris.