Re: palladium vs. cyanotype sharpness—link to comparison

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 09/20/05-04:52:31 PM Z

See Chris's Comments below regarding PD & Cyano sharpness.
Here is the link to the comparison: PD vs Cyano 1 Pixel Grid

I'm assuming that the two papers were comparable in texture? They look
pretty much the same to me in terms of sharpness. One thing to note, my guess is
that the prints look very much like the negative—that what appears as not
sharp in these prints was actually not sharp in the negative. As I mentioned in
an earlier post, a 1 pixel grid like this is very difficult for many output
devices to render. Also the dithering action of the printer driver works
against you when trying to render the checkerboard.

Enjoy,
Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & PDN System for Your Own Custom Digital Negative Workflow
@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Coming Soon—Curve Calculator II will let you choose your toes!
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com