Re: Web Site Horror--Feedback requested

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 09/22/05-02:41:36 AM Z

Thanks to all for suggestions.

So far I've reset the PRAM, which involved having to remember that some
years back, before my kids bought me a CD player, I ran a cable from the
sound output into my stereo so that I could play music CDs on the
computer and hear them through my stereo speakers. So I had to remember
that in order to hear the "boing" I have to turn the stereo on and set
it to "CD" At any rate, once that was done, resetting the PRAM was easy
but didn't seem to make any difference to the performance of the
computer.

Then I rebooted the computer from the Norton Utilities disk and ran Disk
Doctor; it claims that there are no problems with the hard disk. The CD
drive was making VERY loud ominous groaning and grinding noises while it
was working, but Disk Doctor seemed to be scanning the hard disk in a
normal fashion.

I'm at a loss what the problem is, other than old age, but at any rate I
think the time has come to replace my system. I'm delighted to hear that
I can transfer my files through ethernet and that I can even continue to
use Hypercard; thanks for that very welcome news. And I will calibrate
the scanner and monitor and everything, I "promise".

Katharine