Re: Web Site Horror--Feedback requested

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 09/21/05-01:58:43 PM Z

Probably. My "memory" of OS8 (good memories, I liked 8.5 a lot) is that
Norton would occasionally miss something until disk doctor was actually
run from the startup Norton cd/floopy. Worth trying, assuming you have
the original bootable copy of Norton. Also in OS8 "rebuilding the
desktop" (holding down the apple and option key while rebooting??) and
"resetting the PRAM" (holding down the apple and option and p and r
keys while rebooting until the third playing of the startup "boing"??)
where considered once a year needed upkeep. Worth trying.

That being said, running a newer/faster box and OSX and a modern
browser would be a nice improvement. LOTS of websites won't load or
won't load correctly with Netscape Navigator 3 anymore. NN3's handling
of Javascript and CSS is VERY limited/outdated.

Remember that if you aren't using the software for "commercial use",
getting it from a student store is HUGELY cheaper. Teacher or student
id works. I've used journeyed.com in the past. I have a memory that you
teach?

Tom