Re: Post Factory

From: Robert W. Schramm ^lt;schrammrus@hotmail.com>
Date: 09/22/05-10:09:05 AM Z

Judy mentions the contributors of articles to Post Factory who gave their
work free to the publication. As one of that group, I feel that I should
have some say in this.

Frankly, I have to agree with Judy for the simple reason that I don't want
my work out there on the
internet where it can be easily changed or modified at will under my name.
No one who creates anything would want such a situation.

As regards alternative process printing, there is already too much
misinformation out there which
seems to perpetrate itself when one author copies information from another
without checking
its accuracy. But at least in print media you have to have access to a
printing press in order to do this. On the internet, anyone with access to a
computer can run amok with whatever copy he or she finds there. e.g. look at
what all the Bloggers are doing.

Also, as we all know, alternative processes do not fall into the rhelm of
the exact sciences. If they did, Kodak whould have been selling a platinum
or gum printing kits (Step 1-do this, Step 2- do that
etc) years ago. There is a lot of subjectivity in alternative process which
is what makes it an art. This is just another reason why Judy and her army
of contributors need to be in control of Post Factory.

So Judy, I'm with you. To paraphase Winston C., "We shall never, never,
never quit. We shall
fight them on the beaches and the streets of New York, from the Battery to
Wall Street and we
shall never give in to the internet leeches." :-)

Bob Schramm

Check out my web page at:

  ttp://www.SchrammStudio.com