Re: SX-70 manipulation issue seems to be resolved!

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 09/23/05-07:56:37 AM Z

Loris,
The student that is doing this all semester said she has a batch of film
labeled "0506" (I assume that means May 06 expiration and with the heat it
is working wonderfully. I just got mine from Freestyle this week and in a
couple weeks will know if it works or not, too. I had emailed Opalenik on
the Freestyle site and she, too, said with heat it works.
Chris
From: "Loris Medici" <loris_medici@mynet.com>
Sales-representative @ Freestyle says that it's actually a new batch
made using some remaining old emulsion ingredients. When she contacted
Polaroid, she was told that "...the man who made their original top
emulsion no longer does so and they do not have access to his
recipes...".
In the other hand, she was also told that "...Kathleen Carr and some of
the other Pros who manipulate SX70 say that these new emulsions can be
manipulated quite well especially with the introduction of heat. They
suggest placing the image face up on a low setting hot plate or mug
warmer to warm up the emulsion and make it buttery smooth for
manipulation. A snap chemical warmer can also be used (the break and
shakes that you put in your mittens). This type of heating device
should be put on the face of the image to warm the emulsion..."
Is there anyone tried to manipulate the new emulsion as described above?
TIA,
Loris.