lumen prints

From: Ken Sinclair ^lt;photo1@telusplanet.net>
Date: 09/25/05-10:46:05 AM Z

In the 70s, rapid access printing, such as Ilfoprint, was employed in many
in-house phot-labs. There was no "fixing" of the prints (as we know it).
The "last" chemical in the processor was a stabiliser solution that made
immediate fixing for permanence... was this solution a thiocarbamide?

Prints could be fixed and washed for permanence at a later date.

I now have to wonder if this stabiliser would be a suitable candidate for
allowing for a longer storage of lumen prints with minimal loss of the
"coloured" image without its complete loss by thiosulphate fixation.

Ken

 [||/\/\/\/\//\/|| Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA.
 [|| ||-| Applied Photographic Services
 [|| || | Lethbridge,
 [|| || | Alberta, Canada,
 [|| ||-| (403) 381-1654.