RE: lumen prints

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@mynet.com>
Date: 09/25/05-02:40:32 PM Z

Could it be Sistan?

Regards,
Loris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Smigiel [mailto:jsmigiel@kvcc.edu]
Sent: 25 Eylül 2005 Pazar 23:16
To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
Subject: Re: lumen prints

IIRC the stabilization chemical is ammonium thiocyanate. It is used in
chromo-skedaisic (sp?) pseudo-solarization as well.

Joe

>>> photo1@telusplanet.net 09/25/05 12:46 PM >>>
In the 70s, rapid access printing, such as Ilfoprint, was employed in many
in-house phot-labs. There was no "fixing" of the prints (as we know it).
The "last" chemical in the processor was a stabiliser solution that made
immediate fixing for permanence... was this solution a thiocarbamide?

Prints could be fixed and washed for permanence at a later date.

I now have to wonder if this stabiliser would be a suitable candidate for
allowing for a longer storage of lumen prints with minimal loss of the
"coloured" image without its complete loss by thiosulphate fixation.

Ken

 [||/\/\/\/\//\/|| Ken Sinclair RBP, FBPA.
 [|| ||-| Applied Photographic Services
 [|| || | Lethbridge,
 [|| || | Alberta, Canada,
 [|| ||-| (403) 381-1654.