Re: more update on lumen prints

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 09/28/05-08:11:25 PM Z

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
> I told you all I would keep you posted on my student's progress.
> BTW, her name is Amy Trebella, and she is a sweetie. She said when
> she started this project she got 1 in 20 that she kept, and now it is
> 1 in 8.
>
> She is trying all different papers, and I keep giving her different
> samples so she can do the work and I can sit back and reap the
> benefits :) Forte this week, as well as Ilford Warmtone.
>
> One tip she has discovered, is to WET the flower good and drippy, as
> the moisture really adds to the color formation. Next she'll try
> fruit, and I imagine the acid will have an effect.
>
> Thus ends the update.
> Chris

That's interesting about the moisture I noticed the same thing. I soaked
some leaves between wet paper towels prior to putting them under glass. It
made me wonder even more about the humidity, whether it was worth building a
sealed "lumen box", which could act as a green house or humidor during the
exposure.